Monday 3 March 2014

Making Up

I used to hate the making up of seams after I'd finished all the knitting of a project, it was an annoying chore between knitting and the satisfaction of seeing something finished.  I'm coming around to it, it's still not my favourite part of the project but it's also no longer something I put off so I can move on to the next thing.

I finished knitting the little sweater on the weekend and promptly went to work sewing it up.  There wasn't a lot of sewing or ends to weave in so it went pretty quickly as was done by the end of Sunday evening and tried it on Caleb.  This sweater is a gift but I'm hoping it will fit the little guy it's for next winter when he's the same age Caleb is now.  It's absolutely perfect.  The ribbing the cables are worked in make it super-stretchy so it's really easy to get over the baby's head but it's not baggy at all even though there's a lot of room to grow.  The sleeves are a bit long but can be folded over easily enough.  It's warm and cozy and everything I wanted it to be.

I've done the math to make a bigger version for Caleb, since the size he'll be next winter isn't listed in the pattern and it's all I can do to finish the thrum mittens before I start it.  


Yarn: Berroco Comfort DK
Needles: US 4 and 6
Pattern: From Debbie Bliss Winter 2012
Size: 9-12 months
Changes: Shortened the body to 6-9 month measurements
Result: Absolutely love it

No comments:

Post a Comment