Wednesday 11 June 2014

Frustrated

I've been working on Caleb's sweater which is adorable.  I'm a bit frustrated for two reasons, the first being that I've had to rip out and reknit things a number of times which is annoying.  None of the issues are major and are all my fault (a problem with gauge, a mistake in the colourwork, failing to notice the "at the same time" instruction for the neck decreases), but if all of the knitting I've done had actually been progress instead of being ripped out I'd be almost done.

The second reason is I can help thinking that this would work so much better as a top down raglan.  Less sewing, and none of the design bits would be lost.  It's fine though, I should hopefully be able to avoid any more gaffes and get through it, it is looking quite nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment