Thursday 5 June 2014

not knitting but oh so pretty

I'm normally much more enthusiastic about knitting than sewing, but I have a dear friend that loves sewing and came across this amazing bib pattern.  She organized a bunch of us to order laminated cotton from the States (apparently it's difficult/impossible to find in Canada) and we had a sewing party on Sunday.  It was so much fun, and so so nice to get out without children (we will conveniently ignore the fact that the party was about baby bibs).

I had a bunch of fabric left over, so am having a ball cutting fabric for these beautiful lunch bags and these snack bags.  I'm stuck until I can get my hands on velcro, but should be able to pick that up on Sunday.

In the meantime I've decided to put the shawl oh hold (I'm anticipating a long car ride in the next few weeks and that will be perfect), and am making an adorable hat and mitt set for Caleb that is going along swimmingly.


No comments:

Post a Comment