Tuesday 27 January 2015

A very pretty skein

This weekend we were across town for an appointment and dropped by the yarn store over there on our way.  I had received a gift certificate to the store to be used for Debbie Bliss magazines, but they didn't have the latest issue and I don't frequent the area that often.  That was when I saw a lovely skein of Misti Alpaca Handpainted Chunky.  It was absolutely beautiful.  It was also more than I normally spend on yarn.  However, with the gift certificate it was on the high end of a splurge and in and I bought it.

It is very unusual for me to buy yarn without a pattern because I have a tendency to put it in the stash, never actually find something to do with it, then have run out of my knitting budget for things I do want to knit.  However, this one is so so pretty.  And it should be enough for a hat or small cowl, I'm told.  I'm smitten.




No comments:

Post a Comment