Thursday 21 January 2016

Moving forward

Caleb's sweater has the front and back done, the crochet detailing done, the shoulders joined, and the stitches for one arm picked up and that sleeve started.  The two sleeves will be quick and then it's just the hood (and the small amount of math that requires), which is so lovely to have made progress on.  For a really long time I thought the project was just going to be a disaster.  I briefly thought it was going to be too short but I plopped it on him today and there's room to spare, which is such a lovely thing to know.  I'm actually enjoying working on it.

The variegated yarn is doing something rather interesting, it goes between grey, blue, and white and it just happens that the number of stitches divides evenly and it looks like Neapolitan ice cream.  I'll just have to make sure I start the second sleeve at a similar point in the yarn so they match.  

No comments:

Post a Comment